There were a total of 17 family members at our Thanksgiving table this year! My sister Angela, her husband Troy and their 2 children. My sister Zandria and her fiance Paul from Buffalo. My Mom. My 2 brothers. My Aunt Annette and her fiance G.K….and her daughter Jacquelyn and her new husband Shawn. My Dad. And the three of us!
Zandria and I:
Isaac, Ben and Devin:
G.K., our dog Walter and Travis (I’m pretty sure this was after they ate!):
I went by this checklist as I was cooking (which started on Tuesday!).
- mini crab cakes
- Plate of Baked brie w/ misc crackers
- veggies/dip tray
- Cornbread stuffing with fennel, celery, onions and shiitake mushrooms
- Butternut squash, goat cheese and mushroom risotto
- Marinated carrots
- Cauliflower and potato mash w/ buttermilk
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- A 23 pound Turkey: followed these instructions. I added tons of rosemary, lemon, salt, pepper and buttered under the skin and on top before roasting!
- Roasted Cabernet and Citrus Cranberry Sauce
- 5 cheese mac-n-cheese (my sister Angela)
- Sweet potato casserole (Aunt Annette)
- Collard greens (Mom)
- Yeast rolls (Mom)
- Grandma’s pound cake (sorry – secret fam recipe! And it’s baked in a cast iron bundt pan!!)
- Pumpkin Oatmeal White Choc Chip Cookies (Angela)
- Pies: Buttermilk, pumpkin and sweet potato (Mom)
- chocolate cherry cake and buttermilk pie (Aunt Annette)
*All made by me unless noted otherwise.