I love to make these for breakfast or lunch. For my boyfriend they remind him of a similar recipe his grandma Dottie used to make and he always mentions that when he smells them cooking! I eat these plain with a bit of organic ketchup and a pickle or two. They are also good served on a salad or with some grits or polenta. The photography does not do these justice. They are very yummy and filling little bites. They are also high in protein and calcium. Plus!
Mini Salmon Cakes
- 1 – 14.75 ounce can sustainably caught pink or red salmon
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- organic non-stick olive oil spray and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add can of salmon to a medium bowl and break up slightly with a spoon. Add egg, shallot, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Heat medium skillet, spray with non-stick spray and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Form the patties using a heaping tablespoon of mixture, roll into patties with your hands and place in skillet. Cook until browned on both sides. Makes about 9 small patties or 3 servings.