Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients in this dish. Many of these ingredients keep in the pantry for a long time and can be used in lots recipes and marinades. Then once you invest you only need to replenish one bottle at a time when it empties.
I always know it’s good when the guys in my house say thank you and help clean up after dinner
Thai Veggie and Shrimp with Rice Pasta
- I package mini zucchini, sliced into 4 pieces in thin strips
- 1 large handful baby carrots, sliced into 4 pieces in thin strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package sugar snap peas, ends trimmed, sliced in half on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound cleaned, peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (Japanese Sake)
- 2-3 tablespoons, low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 heaping tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 – 8 ounce box DeBoles rice angel hair pasta
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Chop and prepare all veggies. Heat large skillet over medium heat and add grapeseed and sesame oils into the pan. Add the zucchini, peppers, carrots and onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
- Back to the skillet where the veggies are cooking add garlic, snow peas and raw shrimp and cook until shrimp are about halfway done and then add the Mirin, soy sauce, ginger, fish sauce, sesame seeds and chili garlic sauce. Cook for a couple more minutes until shrimp are done.
- Toss in cooked, drained and rinsed rice noodles. Add juice of 1/2 lime. Serve immediately. Garnish with siracha for extra heat, if desired.