This recipe is another one taken from Bon Appetit magazine. I couldn’t resist the simple to prepare recipe and the claim that it was a “healthier” version of pound cake.
I was also blessed with a kitchen assistant today that didn’t mind getting dirty and loves to be fed the yummy samples…my 10-month-old nephew Ryder! Here he is working by the oven
We had fun together in the kitchen! Because I was sharing it with him I wanted it to be as healthy as possible so I decided to swap out the vegetable oil with applesauce. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of oil, just use an equal amount of applesauce when swapping.
Doesn’t look lemon zest look beautiful against the sugar? It smelled divine!
French Yogurt Cake
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat loaf pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist. Add yogurt, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract; whisk to blend. Fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50–55 minutes.
It is yummy, moist, deliciousness! I already ate a piece and forgot to take a picture…I’m afraid if I cut another slice I’ll eat that too! I’ll add a picture once my boyfriend Travis or son Devin wants a piece
A few hours later…